If you have a lot of questions/options to add to your ballot, then you may find it easier to import them from a spreadsheet. When importing your ballot, you first start with the questions and then you import the options for the questions.
- Download the questions import template by clicking here: https://electionrunner.com/questions/import/template. If you are uploading your own CSV file, the first row must include the column headers exactly matching: title, description, validation_min, validation_max, randomize_options
- Fill out the columns with the information for each question. Reference the table below for column definitions.
- On the import page, select Questions for the question “What are you importing?”
- Click the Choose File button and select the question import file from your device.
- Click the Start Import button
- After successfully importing questions to your ballot, you can proceed with the new step: Importing Options
The import process will notify you of any errors with your file and/or data.
Question Import Columns
|Title||title *||The question title is the item (Position, Referendum, etc.) your voters are voting on.|
|Description||description||The description field allows you to provide more context on the question. There is a limit of 2,500 characters.|
|Validation (Min)||validation_min *||This is the minimum number of options that a voter is required to select when voting. For example: If the value provided is "0", then voters will not be required to select an option for the question.
Acceptable Values: Integer between 0 and 30
|Validation (Max)||validation_max *||This is the maximum number of options that a voter can select when voting. This value must be greater than the "validation_min" value and must be greater than 1.
Acceptable Values: Integer between 1 and 30
|Randomize Options||randomize_options||The order of the options on this question will be randomized during voting. 0 = no, 1 = yes.
Acceptable Values: 0, 1
Question Import Example
|President||President of the Board||0||1||1|
|Vice President||Vice President of the Board||0||1||0|
- Download the options import template by clicking here: https://electionrunner.com/options/import/template. If you are uploading your own CSV file, the first row must include the column headers exactly matching: question, title, short_description, description, photo, sort
- Fill out the columns with the information for each option. Reference the table below for column definitions.
- On the import page, select Options for the question “What are you importing?”
- Click the Choose File button and select the options import file from your device.
- Click the Start Import button
Options Import Columns
|Question||question *||The question that this option should be associated with. This value must exactly match a question title that is already on your ballot.|
|Title||title *||The "title" field acts as the title/name of the option (e.g. Name of candidate, answer, etc.).
Maximum characters: 100
|Short Description||short_description||The "short description" field allows you to provide a brief overview of the option. Voters will see this value under the title of the option on the ballot.
Maximum characters: 350
|Description||description||This "description" field allows additional detailed information to be provided about the option. Voters will see a button that when clicked will open a modal with the option's photo (if provided) and description field values.
Maximum characters: 3,000
|Photo||photo||The "photo" field is used to assist with importing photos. The value must be a filename with one of the following accepted image extensions (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png). For more information on importing option photos, please visit the guide: How to Import Option Photos|
|Sort||sort||The "sort" field allows you to define the order of the ballot options.
Accepted values: Integer from 0 to 99
Options Import Example
Note that the question must be provided for each option:
|President||Bob Smith||Bob has been a member since 2010…||Id ac hac sagittis malesuada posuere dui conubia egestas condimentum ut volutpat fermentum semper scelerisque fermentum facilisis curabitur. Rutrum…||bob.jpg||0|
|President||Susan Allen||Susan has been a member since 2010…||Ultrices ullamcorper scelerisque cras scelerisque posuere tempor a varius vestibulum dapibus litora congue dis vestibulum parturient vestibulum parturient….||susan.jpg||0|
|Vice President||Sean Stewart||Sean has been a member since 2015…||Ultrices ullamcorper scelerisque cras scelerisque posuere tempor a varius vestibulum dapibus litora congue dis vestibulum parturient vestibulum parturient….||sean.jpg||0|
|Vice President||Stephanie Stewart||Stephanie has been a member since 2015…||Ultrices ullamcorper scelerisque cras scelerisque posuere tempor a varius vestibulum dapibus litora congue dis vestibulum parturient vestibulum parturient….||stephanie.jpg||0|
|Vice President||Stephen Schumacher||Stephen has been a member since 2015…||stephen.jpg||0|
Still need help? No problem! Click here to create a new support ticket.