With the email setting enabled, voters with an email address will be sent an email with voting instructions as soon as the election starts (see: Using a Voter’s Email Address). This email will include a direct link to vote in the election.
If the Automatic Voter Login setting is enabled, then…
- Clicking on the link to vote will automatically log the voter in by filling in their Voter ID and Voter Key
If the Automatic Voter Login setting is disabled, then….
- Clicking on the link to vote will only fill in the Voter ID of the voter.
- The voter will be required to enter the Voter Key that will provided for them in the email body.
To enable/disable this setting, visit your election settings. Click on “Voters”, and make sure “Use Voter Emails?” setting is enabled.
- Click on “Settings” on the election sidebar.
- Click on “Email” in the settings navigation
- Click the toggle to enable/disable the email feature
- Click the toggle to enable/disable the automatic voter login link
- The automatic voter login setting is enabled by default.
Still need help? No problem! Click here to create a new support ticket.