There may be a point during your election when a voter claims they cannot login to vote. Use this guide to diagnose and solve the problem.
- Ask the voter for any identifying information (Name, Voter ID, Email, etc.) that you can use to look up their details in your election administration interface (what you used to build the election)
- If you have found the voter’s information within the election administration interface, then proceed to step 3. If you cannot find the voter based on the information they have provided, then do not proceed to step 3 as there is an issue with the data you provided for the election which must be resolved by you.
- Ask the voter what error message they received when trying to login to vote.
- “The provided Voter ID and Voter Key do not exist. Please try again.”
- “You have already voted in this election.”
- “Voting for this election has closed.”
- “This election has not started yet. Please try again later.”
- “You are still logged in as an election administrator in “Preview” mode. Please try again.”
- “While testing your election in “preview” mode, you can only login using “test” as the Voter ID & Key.”
- Not listed above? See: Browser Issues
- Does the Voter ID and Voter Key provided by the voter match the voter’s information from the election administration interface?
- Yes - Proceed to the next step
No - Your voter has the incorrect Voter ID and/or Voter Key. Provide them with updated information, and if the problem continues revisit step 1.
Visit your election’s voting URL (you can get this information on the election’s dashboard).
Use the voter’s information to login to the election (do not vote for this voter)
Were you able to successfully login to the election?
Yes - The voter is most likely making a mistake when typing their Voter ID & Key. Have the voter try to login again, or update their Voter ID & Key to a more user-friendly value in the election administration interface. If the issue persists, see: Browser Issues
No - See: Browser Issues
This error message will only appear if a ballot has been submitted for the given voter. Contact support and request that the ballot for the given voter be discarded.
This error message will only appear if the election is no longer active (it is listed as “Completed” in your election administration interface). In some cases, your voter may have logged in to vote just before the deadline but failed to submit their ballot before the election ended.
To extend your election, please contact support.
This error message will only appear if the election has not started (it will be listed as “Scheduled” in your election administration interface).
This error message will only appear if you (the election administrator) try to access your active election shortly after entering “preview” mode while building your election. This issue should resolve on its own, but if you continue to have issues you may visit the following URL to reset your session: https://vote.electionrunner.com/404. Then re-visit your election and login again.
The majority of issues a voter may experience will be related to the browser and version they’re using. Election Runner supports the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
If you are using the latest version of a supported browser and continue to experience problems, please contact support.
Still need help? No problem! Click here to create a new support ticket.