By default, voters cannot abstain from voting for Ranked Choice (IRV) question types. To allow voters to abstain, follow the steps below:
- Follow the steps on How to Edit a Ballot Question.
- In the question edit modal window, toggle the “Allow Voters to Abstain”.
- Click “Save” to save the question.
Here’s what Ranked Choice voting looks like with the “Allow Voters to Abstain” option enabled:
- This option is disabled by default.
- If the “Allow Voters to Abstain” option is disabled, and when voting the voter does not re-order the default ranking of the options, then the default order will be submitted as presented to the voter.
Still need help? No problem! Click here to create a new support ticket.